A ruthless secret group of petroleum company owners known as the Consortium finances an international terrorist organisation to stage a series of attacks around the world in an effort to destabilise the global economy and profit from skyrocketing oil prices. A group of seasoned military veterans and young techies are recruited into a special high-tech task force and begin the worldwide job of tracking down the terrorists and uncovering the international conspiracy before the terrorists can strike in the heart of America itself.
Ripped from today's headlines, Act of War is a frightening and believable tale of suspense, international intrigue and geopolitical military conflict. Through a techno-thriller story constructed by best-selling author Dale Brown, this real-time strategy experience puts you squarely in control of counterterrorist forces to defend cities of the world. It's the first look at tomorrow's war. No place is safe!
- CHILLING AND BELIEVABLE STORYLINE - Storyline and game universe created in close cooperation with Dale Brown, 15 times NY Times best-selling author and expert on US military, global conflict and future military technology.
- EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT - Zoom down to street level on the urban battlefields of San Francisco, Washington DC, London and Moscow; all highly detailed, realistic, and fully destructible. With a game-play where success is partly determined by your ability to medevac your own wounded soldiers and take enemies prisoner (rather than killing them), contemporary/near-future combat comes to life in a very modern way.
- MILITARY AUTHENTICITY - First RTS to combine a reality universe with simple, elegant game play. Using highly detailed representations of existing and experimental military technology, all to scale, Act of War offers an authentic battle experience without the authentic complexity.
- Strong focus on exceptional production values (audio, cinematics, story, technology).
- Full 3D with ability to zoom in to see the action up-front for full immersion into the action.
- Level of detail in character animations and textures only seen in FPS games to date.
- Extensive multiplayer options and single-player skirmish mode for infinite replayability.