Microsoft have released details of its E3 line up, which is as follows:
- "Halo 2" (Microsoft Game Studios, Bungie) is the sequel to the award-winning, sci-fi action, first-person shooter game, "Halo: Combat Evolved." In "Halo 2," the saga continues as Master Chief, a genetically enhanced supersoldier, is the only thing standing between the relentless Covenant and the destruction of all humankind. Featuring Xbox Live capabilities, "Halo 2" will be released in the first quarter of 2004.
- "Conker: Live and Uncut" (Microsoft Game Studios, Rare) finds Conker back in an all-new Xbox Live-enabled team-based shooter. Conker, the foul-mouthed cartoon rodent with a penchant for booze, wild women and lewd conduct, enters seven scenario-based modes, each with its own story. "Conker: Live and Uncut" will be available in 2004.
- "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" (Microsoft Game Studios, Rare) is a humorous, beat-'em-up adventure game that takes place in a haunted house full of crazed ghoulies. Gamers take the role of Cooper, a young boy on a mission to rescue his girlfriend, who has been "grabbed by the ghoulies." Players will venture through haunted and ominous Ghoulhaven Hall, battling a variety of monsters while trying to escape the many tricks, traps and shocks awaiting them along the way. "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" will be available for Christmas 2003.
- "Kameo: Elements of Power" (Microsoft Game Studios, Rare) is an action-adventure game set in a fantastic kingdom of monsters and magic. Players become Kameo, a princess on a mission to rescue her three Elemental Ancestors from the Dark Troll King, who has plans to dominate the fantasy planet's wildlife. "Kameo" will be available in 2004.
- "Project Gotham Racing 2" (Microsoft Game Studios, Bizarre Creations Ltd.) is the ultimate test of racing skill, style and daring, rewarding drivers not only for how fast they drive but for how they drive fast. Drivers will earn Kudos and gain recognition for cornering on two wheels around the Sears Tower in Chicago, power sliding through the ancient streets of Florence, Italy, or maneuvering along the racing line through the slick streets of Edinburgh, Scotland, all while racing some of the most exotic high-performance vehicles available. Players also can challenge friends and other gamers online utilizing the Xbox Live online game service or through multiplayer System Link. "Project Gotham Racing 2" will be available for Christmas 2003.
- "Fable" (Microsoft Game Studios, Lionhead Studios), from renowned developer Peter Molyneux, puts the choice squarely at gamers' fingertips: Will they be good, evil or somewhere in between? In "Fable," players choose their identity, determine appearance and abilities, feel effects of reputation, and thus create their own interactive experience. "Fable" will be available for Christmas 2003.
- "Counter-Strike" (Microsoft Game Studios, Valve/Ritual) makes its console debut exclusively on Xbox and Xbox Live. The world's most popular game and first-person shooter for the PC features single-player missions taking place all over the world. Gamers can challenge other players in team-based multiplayer games on Xbox Live using System Link. "Counter-Strike" on Xbox will be the most graphically advanced version of the series to date. "Counter-Strike" will be available for Christmas 2003.
- "XSN Sports" (Microsoft Game Studios, XSN Sports) is the first lineup of Xbox games in which sport fans compete beyond the game. For the first time, gamers will challenge real people to create their own leagues and build their own rivalries. XSNsports.com will offer a Web-based service that intricately links XSN Sports gamers to the new digital entertainment lifestyle of wireless devices and PCs so the Xbox experience moves beyond the box.
- "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" (Microsoft Game Studios) combines thrilling aerial combat with the swashbuckling style of a Hollywood action-adventure movie. Set in an alternate 1930s world of gunship diplomacy and sinister intrigue, "Crimson Skies" lets gamers pilot powerful aircraft against nefarious air pirates and behemoth war zeppelins. "Crimson Skies" will be available for Christmas 2003.