Capcom have revealed a list of changes to the online mode of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
The most significant of these is a peek feature in Player Match and Ranked Matchs, which lets you decide if you want to play the next opponent based on their network manners, etc.
Each player will be assigned a Skull, silver or gold icons that determine the manners of the player, if you don't want to play them you can opt out.
Here is the list of changes for the online mode:
- Spectator Mode added!
Up to 6 players can watch battles while 2 battle.
- Before having a match, you can check out your opponent's information and decide whether you would like to battle against him/her or not for Player Match and Ranked Match.
- In the last game, it was difficult to tell who had bad network manners, but in UMVC3 skull, silver, gold icons will be shown.
- Looked over the retry features for matching and made matching better than the last game.
- In the last game, if matching was unsuccessful, you were brought back to the top menu screen, but in this game, it will bring you back to the screen where you can search again.
- In the leaderboards, there's a new button/feature which will take you to the rank at which you are positioned, and a cursor to make viewing easier.