Trion Worlds have revealed details of the second update to its MMORPG Rift, The Spoils of War, which will be available on the 10th of May.
In preparation for the update, Trion is kicking things off today with the Spoils of War prelude. Earth and Fire rifts are opening unexpectedly all across Telara, spilling forth mysterious fragments of golden dragon eggs along with the usual monstrosities. Daily quests in Meridian and Sanctum offer special rewards to those Ascended who attempt to solve this planar conundrum.
Rift 1.2 Features:
- Facebook Integration - Post updates, screenshots, or Achievements from Telara directly to your Facebook profile!
- Looking for Group - Automatically form groups for dungeons, rifts, and group quests. Complete random expert dungeons for additional bonuses, both for the daily player and the weekend warrior!
- Wardrobe - Players can configure up to five outfit slots to choose between - look however you want, and break out those costume items.
- New Ascended Powers - Omen Sight (Guardian) and Quantum Sight (Defiant) reveal openings to Slivers and even more in the future.
- Additional Role - By popular demand, players can purchase a 5th role for even more class flexibility.
- Many UI Improvements -Auction House, Crafting, and Artifacts all receive useful new refinements.
- Gilded Prophecy Sliver - Rift extends its support of 10-player raids to this new type of instance! Fight against Golden Maw cultists from another reality to prevent them from gaining relics of vast power.
- New Dynamic Content - Two new raid rifts, one new expert group rift, rifts specifically designed around rewarding crafters, and easier access to expert group rifts.
- New Zone Event: Planar Chill - Control strategic locations in Iron Pine Peak against planar onslaught
- New Zone Event: Scourge of the Sands - Defend precious resources as they are moved to critical locations in Shimmersand Desert, then launch a counter attack
- New Zone Event: An Eye for an Eye- Guardians and Defiants summon their respective champions in order to defeat the Colossi in this end-game brawl.