Blizzard have announced an official launch event in the UK for its upcoming Cataclysm World of Warcraft expansion. Attending the event will be Lead Systems Designer Greg Street (alias Ghostcrawler) and Game Designer Dave Kosak.
The main event will take place from 10pm on the 6th December at Sound - No.1 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7NA. We are promised an exciting evening of entertainment before the expansion goes on sale, including a costume contest showcasing players' attire from the game with great prizes for the winners. There will also be giveaways, unique photo opportunities and an official licensed merchandise showcase.
As well as the official launch event, stores around the UK will be opening at 11pm on the 6th. You'll need to ask your retailer if they are planning to open early.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment comments on the latest expansion: "After two years of development, we're excited to now be just two weeks away from releasing our best World of Warcraft expansion yet, Cataclysm will add a huge amount of new content to the game and change the face of Azeroth forever, and we can't wait to celebrate this launch with players around the world."
Anyone who attends the official launch event can purchase a copy of the game including the collectors edition which includes:
• A copy of the expansion.
• An exclusive World of Warcraft: Cataclysm behind-the-scenes DVD including over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries.
• The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition soundtrack CD.
• The Art of Cataclysm, a 176-page hardback book featuring never-before-seen artwork from the development process.
• Starter pack and exclusive cards for the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
• Exclusive in-game pet, Lil' Deathwing.
• A special-edition World of Warcraft: Cataclysm mouse pad.
For more details on the UK event and other events around Europe head over to the official Cataclysm launch events page.