Cheating in Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption has not escaped the company's attention and they are now ready to take some action.
Starting tomorrow they will ban any PSN ID's or Gamertags that have been identified as having a hacked game save, but they are allowing cheaters to escape a ban:
"* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporarily exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.
* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.
* To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted - single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:
- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
* After deleting your hacked game save(s), you will then need to go online with Red Dead Redemption (prior to August 24th) for it to register that you're now playing clean. For single-player saves, you will need to re-play the game while connected until you gain access to the safehouse at MacFarlane's ranch. For multiplayer saves, you will need to play one full game online or do one Gang Hideout."