Blizzard Entertainment today announced that World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King will arrive in stores on November 13 in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia, and November 14 in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. The expansion will be available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18. Details regarding the launch of Wrath of the Lich King in mainland China will be announced at a later date.
We're looking forward to launching Wrath of the Lich King and finally giving World of Warcraft players a chance to take on Arthas and his minions, said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard entertainment. Until then, we'll continue to refine and playtest the expansion content to make sure it provides a highly polished and entertaining experience.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows XP/Windows Vista and Macintosh in two packages: a standard edition and a special Collector's Edition (in select regions). The limited Collector's Edition package will contain:
• The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
• An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
• A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director's commentary, and more.
• The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
• A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
• Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector's Edition.