Today Ubisoft announced that on Friday 20th October 2006 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
"Ubisoft is very excited about Sam Fisher's debut on the Xbox 360," said John Parkes, director of EMEA marketing at Ubisoft. "We are confident that this next chapter of the Splinter Cell franchise will deliver an impressive and unique gaming experience that will take immersion to new heights and present players with emotional choices like never before in videogames ."
About Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
In the highly anticipated sequel to the 2005 game of the year, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, play as a double agent spy for the first time ever. Take on dual roles of covert operative and ruthless terrorist, where your choices of whom to betray and whom to protect actually affect the outcome of your game.
Experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. Lie. Kill. Sabotage. Betray. All to protect the innocent. How far will you go to gain the enemy's trust? As covert operative Sam Fisher, you must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. You'll need to carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many terrorists and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.
* Double agent gameplay and branching storyline: Play both sides and decide between opposing NSA and terrorists objectives. You choose whose priorities to support, and whose to undermine. Your actions affect the story and gameplay, leading to shockingly different endings.
* Gadgets and weapons: As you progress, get access to prototype upgraded gadgets and weapons, like improved night vision, based on your choices and covert skills.
* Authentic double agent tactics: Use realistic tactics, based on testimonies of actual undercover agents, to sabotage the enemies' plans.
* Don't blow your cover: Steal, destroy, kill, and evade the authorities. Do whatever it takes to make your mark and gain their trust.
* A world of International espionage: Go from Shanghai and Cozumel to America itself, where New York City and Los Angeles are threatened by the terrorists' agenda of destruction.
* All-new extreme gameplay situations: Conduct your missions underwater amid churning ice floes, in a blinding sandstorm, or even sheathed in dust and smoke.
* Innovative multiplayer: The critically acclaimed multiplayer mode are back with new innovations and exclusives for each platform. Get recruited and earn rank upgrades, and sabotage or spy for your team
Having played the MP demo I can certainly say, they are on the right track with the MP side of the game - it's quicker and sleeker than previous outings and certainly doesn't dissapoint in the stealth department.