Ubisoft announced that Far Cry Instincts(tm) will be released on 30th September 2005.
In Far Cry Instincts, you are Jack Carver, a man in the wrong place at the wrong time. Outmanned and outgunned by an elite mercenary army, you will adapt and evolve, or else succumb to the most harrowing situation of your life. Every deadly weapon, vehicle, and predator skill you possess must be unleashed to survive the biggest, most complete must-have shooter of 2005. Game features include:
* It's open season in a 100% open environment: Do whatever it takes to exterminate the mercenaries in any situation. Take cover in the undergrowth, set traps, kill by stealth, battle from extreme long range and gun-mounted vehicles and fight in close quarters or through the wilds of the island.
* A real arsenal: Plunder an arsenal of responsive, realistic weapons and vehicles including ATVs, gunboats, hang gliders and much more. Turn the mercenaries' stockpile into the instruments of their own destruction.
* Unleash your predatory skills: Survive the furious and inhospitable wilderness by unveiling your true nature: develop your vision, track the enemy's scent and become faster and stronger.
* F.A.R. AI: Outsmart the mercenaries' complex Full Action Response AI. Snipers, stalkers, scouts, and grenadiers react to your tactics with coordinated strikes from all angles, distances and terrains.
* Create your own shooter's paradise: The battle continues with deep multiplayer and level editor features. Build custom maps in real time, upload them via Live Console Systems and stage ultimate deathmatches against your friends.
For more information about the game, please make sure to visit the official game web site at http://www.farcrygame.com or on http://www.ubisoftgroup.com
In further Far Cry news:
Jack Carver trailer:
Two minutes with Jack Carver:
Visit the most beautiful website around www.visitjacutan.com
Find out more about the Jacutan archipelago in which Far Cry Instincts is set at. The site also offers five hundred lucky visitors the chance to see Jacutan for free. By signing up on the site, they could receive a copy of the Far Cry Instincts demo before it's available anywhere else. The first visitors have already received their demos, so don't delay!
Play the game first!
The Far Cry Instincts community day will take place on the 9th of September in central London. The day is open to anyone but spaces are limited, so people must apply immediately through the banner on http://www.farcrygame.com. Attendees will get the chance to play the latest version of the game in single player mode, plus experience the amazing new multiplayer modes on an 8 player LAN. They'll even get the chance to play on Xbox Live against the developers (tbc).
Now that's a whole lot of Far Cry today!