Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announces that they have reached an exclusive publishing agreement with High Moon Studios, Inc. to release Darkwatchâ„¢, an immersive, story- driven FPS that blends the lawless action of the Wild West with the intense horror of vampire movies. Players will come across a thrilling cinematic experience when the game is released in Fall 2005 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xboxâ„¢ video game system from Microsoft across Europe and Australia.
"We are very excited to be working with High Moon Studios to publish Darkwatch throughout Europe," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing director for Ubisoft. "Together with High Moon Studios, we are introducing players to a title that can satisfy both Western fans as well as FPS aficionados ready to enjoy the fast-paced action the game has to offer."
"We are pleased to partner with Ubisoft to bring Darkwatch to the European territories," said Meelad Sadat, director of public relations for High Moon Studios. "The excitement at High Moon is almost palpable as we near the premiere of our debut title. It is a thrill to know gamers across Europe and Australia will be introduced to Darkwatch by Ubisoft, a company known for some of today's best game properties."
In Darkwatch, players step into the role of Jericho Cross, a solitary outlaw wanting to rob a last train rumored to carry valuable cargo before skipping down to Mexico. Instead, Jericho unleashes Hell on Earth: an ancient vampire Lord who curses him with a bite, then sends out a pulse wave of evil over the American West. As corpses come alive and undead armies run rampant, players, now infected by vampirism, can only save the West and their own soul by joining the "Darkwatch" - a secret society even stranger than the undead monsters they battle.
Darkwatch includes the following features:
* First-ever Vampire Western game - Blast through a frightening re-imagination of the Wild West with exceptional art and design work inspired by both Vampire-Horror and Western genres.
* Different modes of play - Darkwatch features a deep, single player story-driven adventure along with adrenalin-fueled multiplayer combat: two player split screen versus and co-op mode on PlayStation 2, and up to 16 players online via XboxTM Live.
* Cinematic experience - Explosive FPS action framed by a cinematic storyline.
* A diverse arsenal of "Darkwatch-enhanced" weapons - Take the "un" out of "undead" in a variety of ways with a wide assortment of weapons including rapid-fire handguns, dual-wielding pistols, rifles, shotguns, crossbows, rocket-launchers, dynamite and even weapon-specific melee attacks.
* Dynamic gameplay- Experience non-linear missions and a dynamic enemy reputation and experience system that affects player abilities and game outcome.
* Unique weapons, powerful assault vehicles, horse-mounted gun fighting and special vampire abilities bring new depth to FPS gameplay in both single and multiplayer mode.
* Location-specific damage and physics powered by Havok bring precision and realism to gunplay - tear the undead to pieces, blow off their heads, shoot out their feet from under them, or practice your aim on countless interactive environment objects.
For more information about Darkwatch, visit the game's official website at http://www.darkwatch.com.