Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, announces that it will release Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 2 Summit Strike exclusively for Microsoft's Xbox® video game system in August 2005. Blending the best features from the previous instalment with the talents of Ubisoft's award-winning studio, Red Storm Entertainment, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 2 Summit Strike will expand the gameplay of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 2 to offer players more maps, missions, and weapons. With a SRP of Ł19.99, this will bring an exciting new eleven mission single player campaign and expanded multiplayer content to gamers who want more game play from one of the most popular franchises on Xbox LIVE. This will keep fans happy as they wait for Tom Clancy's Ghost® Recon 3 - due out this holiday on current gen and next gen platforms.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 2 Summit Strike will be a stand-alone product.
About Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 2 Summit Strike
The Kazakh President has been assassinated by a Pakistani warlord attempting to take control of the country. Follow the Ghosts as they work in concert with U.N. forces to track him and his military across Kazakhstan. The Ghosts are the only chance to thwart his attacks against high profile targets and to prevent national devastation.
* More tactical approaches in each mission: Missions are open-ended, and contain multiple objectives that can be completed in the order that the player chooses. Objectives can be approached from several directions and different strategies can be used to complete each objective.
* Experience new threats and challenges: There are eleven compelling single-player missions in which the Ghosts fight through some of Kazakhstan's harshest terrain.
* Extensive multiplayer content:
o 24 multiplayer maps in both urban and rural landscapes, including some fan favourites from Ghost Recon 2.
o 24 multiplayer game modes including all the favourite squad, solo, and co-op game types made popular by the Ghost Recon franchise.
o New character skins including all enemy skins seen in the single player campaign, the Ghosts in snow camo, and International Specialists.
* New multiplayer modes: In "Heli Hunt" players must neutralize waves of enemy helicopters that are hunting them through the map. In the squad game type, "Armour Strike" players race against each other to laze and destroy their opponents' armoured vehicles.
* More immersive environments: Expansive maps with new weather effects such as falling snow and sand storms create more realistic outdoor encounters.
* Master 15 new weapons: including the SCAR (SOF Combat Assault Rifle), a Special Forces modular system entirely unique to the franchise.
Ghost Recon 2 keeps on getting better and better.