Eidos announces that Championship Manager 5 will be released on Xbox and PlayStation 2 on 13th May 2005. Championship Manager 5 heralds the world's No1 selling football management series' debut on PlayStation 2.
Do you think you could make the most of Abramovich's millions? Have you ever dreamt of taking your non-league team to European glory? Championship Manager 5 puts you in the hot seat as you try to guide your club to glory dealing with everything from transfers and tactics to scouting and the media.
Championship Manager 5 features 25 playable national leagues with 59 divisions and a massive database of footballers from around the world. With accurate data for the 2004/2005 season, a 2D match view enabling you to make tactical decisions as the action unfolds, a detailed choice of tactics, a comprehensive scouting system, a clear user-interface and minimal loading times, Championship Manager 5 will bring you even closer to the touchline.
To further ensure that Championship Manager 5 delivers the ultimate in realism and accuracy, Charlton Athletic's 1st Team Coach Mervyn Day has been recruited to act as consultant on the game. Day, one of the most respected coaches in football and holder of a UEFA Pro-License, has developed a new user-friendly training mode, devising routines and drills as used by top professionals. Day's insider knowledge has also given access to the thought processes of real-life managers and coaches, both in the day-to-day management of the club and players, as well as in match situations.
* IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN - 25 playable national leagues with 59 divisions and a massive database of footballers from around the world.
* ACCURATE DATA - Updated player, team and competition data for the 2004/2005 season.
* THE BIG MATCH - Watch the action unfold via a 2D match engine and make tactical decisions at any stage. A range of match speeds lets you view just the key highlights all the way through to the full 90 minutes.
* IT'S TRAINING MEN - User-friendly and effective training module devised in conjunction with Charlton 1st Team Coach Mervyn Day.
* TACTICAL GENIUS -Detailed tactics screen that lets managers instruct players where to play the ball and to make runs.
* SEARCH FOR A STAR - Comprehensive scouting system enabling searches for specific 'player types' to be carried out.
* SEAL THE DEAL - A fully realistic transfer model encompassing an array of factors including finances, reputation and player personalities. To lure the likes of Ronaldo and Zidane you will first have to establish yourself.