BASINGSTOKE, England (April 27th 2005) - Having announced the development of X³: REUNION; sequel to the award winning 2004 PC CDROM space combat/trading game, X²: THE THREAT, EGOSOFT today unveils some of the key aspects to the game, which will define X³ as a 'bench mark' in the space combat/trading genre. Additionally, EGOSOFT today reveal the first in-game screens featuring the Argon orbital space station. Set for launch quarter three 2005 on PC CDROM, and as yet, undisclosed console version is also currently under development, estimated at a quarter four release. Both versions will be released in Europe by publisher, DEEP SILVER.
X³: REUNION continues to lead the way in offering players the ultimate open ended game play experience, backed by an addictive storyline and intense combat/trading action. Utilising the 'X³ Reality' engine, the universe has been massively increased, both in terms of size and visual presentation. Over 200 newly designed models, including factories, stations and star ships await the player, across a universe of over 10,000 interactive objects. X²: THE THREAT established the principles of; FIGHT, TRADE, BUILD & THINK and these are at the core of the X³ experience.
Combat A.I. has been improved to take all ship classes into account and will challenge players; from individual dog fights to commanding full-scale fleets against massive enemy armadas. A new array of weapon systems give increased choice and tactics for any situation, while the multiple threat targeting system makes the player a force to be reckoned with. Rebalanced fighter classes make any encounter a challenge for players of all levels.
X³: REUNION introduces a new economy system, dynamically reactive in pricing relative to supply and demand. Players benefit from flexible factory capacity, new products to manufacture and a variety of ship classes for trade. The new management interface allows for improved realism and ease of use, as negotiations of product prices with NPC game characters can occur, in addition to quoted prices based on availability.
The evolved and larger universe gives the player more freedom to create their ultimate trade empire. Varied sector sizes allow player and NPC factories to be positioned three dimensionally, while A.I. behaviour lets the player experience the destruction of factories through race wars and natural disasters, triggering competition for the player with A.I. NPC factories. Budding trade entrepreneurs can interconnect factories to create huge space borne complexes, to truly mass produce the commodities a universal economy demands.
A professional screen-written story line can be followed or ignored by the player, in the complete freedom of a sprawling, 'free roaming' universe. Every action of the player has a consequence upon the surrounding universe and the characters within. Missions tailor for players of all levels, acting as both a challenge for the experienced and a learning curve for the novice. Game starting positions allow players to choose different career paths, for any of the universe's species. Hollywood voice talent adds to the movie feel of the game and brings a universe of characters to life.
• X³: REUNION engine utilises the very latest DirectX 9 graphical technology; 2.0 pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections across a variety of surface types, while bump maps and specula maps add detail to the geometry of objects
• A freshly developed economy system allows for more imaginative ways to conquer your foes via commerce. Functions using established business models of 'Elasticity of demand', 'Economies of scale' and 'Return on investment'. Factories are constructed by non player characters, which can freely trade; wars in sectors affect the universal economy, while opportunities bring challenges to both novice and experienced players.
• Over 200 newly designed models have been created for X³, penned by professional artists. Star ship detail has been massively increased; implementation through the new Reality engine gives an increase in detail of up to 10 times
• A new graphical user interface prevents less screen obstruction and faster access to all game options.
• Completely redesigned X universe, with new high detailed environments including asteroid fields, dense gaseous nebulae's, star ship graveyards and much more. Players can fly much closer to planetary bodies; where space stations can hang in low planetary orbits.
• A multitude of new technologies and weapons systems, make the player even more devastating in combat; multi threat tracking system allows for numerous objects to be pin pointed simultaneously.
• Controllable via joystick, keyboard and mouse cursor; all are fully re-mappable giving the player infinite choice over control layout, which can be stored as custom profiles
Published by DEEP SILVER, developed by EGOSOFT and distributed exclusively by KOCH MEDIA, X³: REUNION is set for launch Q3 2005. For more information on X³: REUNION, visit the official website at: http://www.egosoft.com