DreamCatcher Games have announced that Battlecruiser Generations has been renamed to Universal Combat. The game is scheduled for release in November and a demo should be ready early October:
DreamCatcher Games today announced the first details of the renamed Universal Combat for PC, due to be distributed by Mindscape in the UK in November 2003. A playable demo is expected in the first week of October.
Universal Combat brings the greatest components of war together in a single game. Conceived in late 2001 as Battlecruiser Generations, the fifth in the Battlecruiser series, the game has grown into much more than a massive space simulation.
Universal Combat is a game of incomprehensible scale that allows gamers to choose any aspect of combat they wish. Choices of combat styles and gameplay include:
- Compelling multi-player games against up to 63 other gamers.
- Carefully designed campaigns and instant action scenarios.
- More than 54 different air and spacecraft, from basic multi-role combat fighters and low altitude multi-role gunships to massive carriers, cruisers and transporters.
- 22 land vehicles and 10 naval vessels including jeeps, tanks, SAMs, carriers, LCACs and even nuclear submarines.
- 20 first-person weapons and 28 characters with over 1500 animations.
- 250 planets with enormous planetary detail, spanning more than 21,000 planet side mission zones containing various bases.
- Nine career modes including heroic pilots, ship's captain and lethal reconnaissance marine.