Final 2 Coin Rush Packs available for Super Mario Bros. 2
In a press release Nintendo announced:
"The final two Coin Rush course packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2 are available to download today. The Mystery Adventure Pack offers labyrinthine courses full of different paths, while the Impossible Pack offers the toughest challenges that Mario fans will have ever faced. Both Packs are available to access from the in-game Shop menu in New Super Mario Bros. 2 on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL.
The Mystery Adventure Pack features three courses that challenge you to look for different paths on your way to the goal in ways you didn?t see in the game?s original courses: explore the various underground routes in Course 1, ride on flying blocks as you collect coins in the auto-scrolling Course 2 and use the various objects placed throughout Course 3 to find your way to the end. As its name suggests, the Impossible Pack ramps up the difficulty to extreme levels ? only hardened Mario players need apply because these levels might be some of the hardest in Super Mario history. There isn?t a single power up or even a coin in the entire pack and the only way to receive coins is to complete the course as quickly as you can. Getting to the end is far from easy though!
Coin Rush is a fun and accessible game mode in New Super Mario Bros. 2 where you can enjoy collecting as many coins as possible. As you only have one life, you must race across three courses with care - but be quick as well, as the time left at the end of the course is transferred into coins. In these add-on content packs the courses are set so you can have fun playing them again and again to try and grab as many coins as you can. Your scores for Coin Rush can also be shared with other players via StreetPass, allowing you to challenge your friends and see whose records are the highest.
The Mystery Adventure Pack and Impossible Pack are the final two Coin Rush course packs and are available in addition to eight packs previously released for purchase, with each pack offering a variety of play types and a difficulty ranging from one to five stars:
· Gold Rush Pack has a difficulty rating of one star and is designed for fun. This pack lets you transform into Gold Mario as you try to collect huge amounts of coins.
· Coin Challenge Pack A has a difficulty rating of three stars and a global ranking table on the official Nintendo website.
· Nerve-Wrack Pack is difficulty five stars and ramps the challenge all the way up.
· Gold Mushroom Pack has a difficulty of two stars and features more Gold Mushrooms than you can count!
· Coin Challenge Pack B has a difficulty rating of three stars and also offers a global ranking table on the official Nintendo website.
· The Gold Classics Pack features courses based on classic Mario games including the original Super Mario Bros. & Super Mario Bros. 3. The Gold Classics Pack is available free for a limited time only* before being made available for purchase.
· Coin Challenge Pack C has a difficulty rating of three stars and also offers a global ranking table on the official Nintendo website.
· Platform Panic Pack features loads of perilous platforms, be careful not to fall off!
You can get access to these Coin Rush course packs after receiving the corresponding notification through SpotPass on your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL console. With your system connected to the Internet, you can then purchase and download the individual packs using a Nintendo eShop Card or credit card through the Shop menu in the Coin Rush mode of your New Super Mario Bros. 2 game."